At Buy Aussie Now Pty Ltd (ACN 639 946 446) ("Buy Aussie Now", "we", our", or "us") we recognize the importance of your privacy and understand your concerns regarding the security of the personal information which you provide to us.
1. Definition of personal information
"Personal information" means an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
2. How we collect and hold personal information
We collect certain personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect personal information from you via telephone, email, or from the information you submit to us directly via the Website. If you are a vendor we will also collect personal information from you when you register your business on the Website.
We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, such as from third party supplier and partners (including advertising partners), other customers or vendors on the Website who interact with you, or via publicly available sources such as ABN Lookup, ASIC, online publications and registers, your website or social media pages.
If we receive personal information that we have not requested or which we do not require to provide our services to you (unsolicited information) then we will destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
3. What personal information we collect and hold
A. Information collected directly from you
Certain visitors to the Website choose to interact with it in ways that require us to gather certain personal information from them. The amount and type of information that we gather depend on the nature of the interaction.
- if you are registering an account on the Website, we will collect your username, password, and contact details;
- if you are a vendor registering your business on the Website, we will collect details regarding your business, such as the name of your business, your ACN or ABN, the names of the registered owner/s of the Business, your website or social media details, a description of your business, your contact details (including name, email address, and phone number), identity details, and your address and postcode;
- if you are selling products on the marketplace, we will collect information regarding the products that you make available for purchase via the Website;
- we may collect and use information about you in order to feature you and your business in promotional materials on the Website;
- if you are purchasing products via the online marketplace, we will collect your contact details, identity details, payment details in order to process payments and your address for deliveries;
- if you subscribe to our newsletter or opt-in to receiving communications from us, we will collect your email address, communication preferences, and any other contact details you submit to us.
We also collect information regarding the content you submit to us directly or indirectly via the Website, including details regarding your transactions and payments made via the Website, or from communications or messages, you send or receive via the Website.
B. Information collected from third parties
We may collect personal information about you from third parties.
We may collect information:
- from our third-party suppliers or partners who interact with you or who have received information from you and are authorized to disclose such information to us;
- regarding your transaction and payment history from third-party payment processors; and
- from other vendors and customers on the Buy Aussie Now marketplace who interact with you, including information regarding your transactions, interactions, and information relating to reviews and ratings submitted by other users on the Website (which may also be publically available for others users to view).
We may also collect publicly available information in order to verify the details you have provided to us, verify your business, or for other purposes relating to your use of the Website.
C. Information we collect automatically
Like most website operators, we automatically collect information from you and your browsers and devices when you access and use the Website. We may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
Our purpose in collecting such information is to better understand how vendors, customers, or other visitors use the Website.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, we also use and collect information via, cookies and similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising, and store your preferences on your computer.
E. Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Website and when you use our services.
The information collected for this purpose will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use anonymized, aggregated data collected from users of our Website in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services.
4. Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you or about you where it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our business functions and activities and as necessary to provide our services to you or to respond to and action any requests you may make. We also collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as our administrative and accounting functions.
Specifically, we may collect and hold information about you in order for you to register your business with Buy Aussie Now, to promote your business and products, and to allow you to sell and buy products on the marketplace hosted via our Website.
Additionally, we may use the information obtained through the Website to respond to and communicate with you about your requests, transactions, questions, and comments and to allow you to receive our newsletters and communications.
If we do not collect, hold, use, or disclose your personal information, or if you do not consent, then we may not be able to provide you with these services.
- recognize your computer when you visit the Website;
- track you as you navigate the Website;
- enable the use of e-commerce capabilities;
- offer and provide products, services, and information to you;
- display content on our Website;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business and Website usability;
- analyze your use of the Website;
- manage the Website and the marketplace;
- personalize the Website, including targeted advertisements that may be of particular interest to you;
- help diagnose technical and service problems; and
- gather demographic information about our users.
We use such information to assist us in providing an effective service (for example, to adapt our Website to the needs of your device or to allow you to log in to our Website), and to collect broad demographic information for identified, aggregated use.
We may also use your personal information for purposes that are required by law such as sharing your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
5. How we protect your personal information
We respect the privacy of personal information and will take reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential.
Your personal information will be stored by electronic means on servers in Australia or overseas. If your personal information is transferred outside of Australia, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information in accordance with applicable laws.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place and will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
The security of your personal information is important to us and whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of information will never occur, we will use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
The submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our Website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
Unless you have opted out of marketing communications, we may use your information to offer you products and services that we think may be of interest to you through our newsletter and other direct marketing strategies.
We will disclose personal information to third parties if it is necessary for the primary purpose for which we collected the information, or for a related secondary purpose if the disclosure could be reasonably expected.
Your personal information may be made available to vendors, customers, or other third parties if necessary to effect a transaction on the Website that you have agreed to make or to resolve issues or disputes that arise in connection with your use of the Website.
Where required by law, we will require that the third party undertake to treat the personal information in accordance with all applicable privacy laws to which we are bound.
Where we wish to use or disclose your personal information for other purposes that you may not reasonably expect, we will seek your prior consent to such disclosure.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent if the disclosure is:
- necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims;
- necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety;
- required or authorized by law; or
- permitted by another exception in the applicable privacy laws.
9. Links To External Sites
Those who engage in transactions with us are asked to provide additional information, including, as necessary, the personal and financial information required to process the transactions. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us. You can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities on the Website, such as being able to purchase a product.
11. Third-Party Payment Processor
12. Retention of Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. We will also retain personal information to ensure compliance with any applicable statutory or regulatory obligations imposed on us in relation to the retention of records.
Where you have requested we stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes, we may retain a record of your request to ensure we abide by your request in the future.
13. What rights you have over your personal information
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
Buy Aussie Now Pty Ltd
Address: 12a Howitt Street, South Yarra VIC 3141
Privacy Officer Details: Chris White